HERITAGE FUND – Ways to Give
Heritage Fund offers a wide array of avenues to make gifts – our goal is to provide convenience, flexibility and ease of mind for donors. All approved gifts are tax-deductible to the extent approved by law and Heritage Fund will send a confirmation letter for all gifts and contributions when gift is received.
Gifts and contributions for Gifts from the Heart, A Cause in Common and 170 various Heritage Fund Endowment and Scholarship funds can be made via credit card through the Heritage Fund Online Gift Center.
Gifts and contributions can be made by cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Heritage Fund and the name of the fund to receive the contribution should be written on the memo line.
Planned or “deferred” gifts are an important part of estate planning. Planned Giving Vehicles are available through the Heritage Fund.
Gifts of stocks and securities can be processed easily with help from staff at Heritage Fund. Stocks/Securities Gift Procedures lays out instructions for making gifts.
Year End Gifts
To quality as a tax deduction in a given year, a cash contribution must be postmarked or hand-delivered into the Heritage Fund office by December 31 of that year. Credit card gifts must be actually charged by December 31.
7 Questions for Professional Advisors
- Do I have clients who care deeply about this local community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contribution?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation but are interested in exploring other options.
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then your clients would very likely benefit from knowing more about this useful community resource.
The Heritage Fund exists to CONTINUE OUR HERITAGE.