The December Empower Hour has been combined with the Heritage Fund Seasonal Celebration & Holiday Cheer, Tuesday 12/10, 4:30-6:30 PM, Hotel Indigo Gallery Bar & Bistro, 400 Brown St, Columbus, IN 47201
Thanks to our supporters, the Women’s Giving Circle has awarded more than $130,000 in grants since 2010! We are excited to announce a series of new initiatives and grant opportunities for 2019-2020.
- Women in Crisis Micro-Loan Program – In partnership with Lincoln Central Neighborhood Family Center, WGC will provide grant funds to assist women in crisis. LCFNC will identify women in need and work to make small dollar, high impact loans with reasonable payment terms. Women will be assisted with support for items such as: unexpected emergency expenses, monthly bill assistance due to extenuating circumstances, job preparedness etc.
- Bartholomew Co. Report Card for Women and Strategic Grantmaking – In order to better assess the needs of women in our community, WGC will work with strategic partners to collect key data on the status of women locally. Data will be shared with the community and used to define future initiatives and grant making from the WGC.
- Women’s Leadership Pipeline – In 2019-2020 we will explore the creation of a leadership pipeline that will help to identify community leadership roles and how we can better connect local women to opportunities to lead.
- WGC Empower Hour – 60 minutes of learning, connections and high-impact philanthropy was held the 1st Wednesday of the month September-December 2019. Check back for 2020 Empower Hour dates and topics!
- The December Empower Hour has been combined with the Heritage Fund Seasonal Celebration & Holiday Cheer, Tuesday 12/10, 4:30-6:30 PM, Hotel Indigo Gallery Bar & Bistro, 400 Brown St, Columbus, IN 47201
Our mission is to educate, connect and inspire women to practice strategic philanthropy; using our collective strengths and financial resources to create positive change in Bartholomew County
Women’s Giving Circle is a powerful philanthropic force transforming lives in Bartholomew County
- High Impact Grants
- Developing Women’s Leadership
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- An Educated & Engaged Network
- Connection & Collaboration
- Collective Giving
Questions? Contact Kristin Munn at email@example.com
The Women’s Giving Circle was created over 10 years ago to provide an opportunity for women in our community to join a philanthropic group of women and provide grants to community organizations involved in helping the women and children in our county. In 2019 we launched a new look, mission and initiatives to create a more inclusive and strategic Women’s Giving Circle of Bartholomew County.
Since the fall of 2019, we have been working on a “women’s report card” to identify the areas of greatest need for women in our community – only women – because this data is very inconsistent or nonexistent. This report will help us better identify the issues and greatest needs for our strategic fundraising and giving opportunities.
It’s no secret that when women join together and collaborate they create positive change. However, it hasn’t been enough in our community, or others, for the variety of needs impacting women and children. According to the IUPUI Women’s Philanthropy Institute, women’s and girls’ organizations are substantially smaller than other charitable organizations in a number of ways, including financial and human resources.
It’s time to change that. I know we can do better and grow our giving circle to meet more of the specific needs of women in our community. When we help and uplift other women, the positive impact will be seen across our community as these women better their own lives and better their children’s and families’ lives – impacting us all.
The Women’s Giving Circle is thankful for your past support and engagement. With a year-end donation, your gift makes it possible for us to continue the focus on strategic philanthropy in order to drive real change for women in Bartholomew County. Thank you!
With Warm Regards,
Katie Thomas Glick
Women’s Giving Circle Chair
Want to get involved?
- Join the mailing list by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – put “Join WGC Mailing List” in the subject line
- Follow Heritage Fund on facebook
- Women of all ages and means are invited to join in this important work with a gift to the Women’s Giving Circle Philanthropic Fund as they are able and inspired to give. Gifts from women across the community will be pooled together for greater impact in grant-making and programs. Use the form below to make a donation!
Questions? Contact Kristin Munn at (812) 376-7772 or email@example.com